Wheaton is the national leader in glass packaging supply for the Perfumery and Cosmetics and Pharmaceutical segments, and one of the five biggest installations specialized in these segments in the world, proving to be always ahead of its time, innovating in concepts, technology, service, and design.
Currently, besides Wheaton, responsible for the production and decoration of glass packaging and domestic utilities, the Wheaton Brasil Group is composed of the following companies:
- Viton, manufacturer of machinery and equipment for glass industries;
- Decor, its own unit for decoration of glass jars and utensils;
- Extar, a company that trades and represents glass products;
- Farmacap, manufacturer of closure solutions and rubber and aluminum accessories for pharmaceutical, veterinary and similar industries.
- NOAR, a Brazilian scent tech startup, most recent acquisition of the Wheaton Group, established in São Paulo.
Besides the domestic market, Wheaton is also present in the international market, exporting to more than 40 countries. Among its main clients are the most prestigious companies, such as Avon, Natura, O Boticário, Hinode, Jequiti, Yanbal, Eurofarma, EMS, União Química, Novafarma, Ache, Oetker, Casa de Madeira, Predilecta, Sakura, Grupo Pão de Açúcar, Lojas Americanas, etc.
The history of the Wheaton Brasil Group began in 1888 with the foundation of the T. C. Wheaton company in Millville, New Jersey, USA.
In 1952, Wheaton is founded in São Paulo, and is a pioneer in placing on the market, in 1953, the first penicillin vial manufactured in a 4-section, double drop, I.S. machine. In the same year, Wheaton starts manufacturing flasks that, besides the pharmaceutical market, also serve the perfumery and cosmetics industry.
In the 70’s, the production of bottles had a great impulse. It considerably expanded its facilities, reaching the daily capacity of 200 tons/day, using quadruple drop machines, extracting glass in the colors opalescent, cobalt blue, cognac, and green.
In November 1976, Wheaton produces the first pressed glass, marking the creation of the Housewares division, with articles for the home. In the 80’s, with the reconstruction and modernization of its furnaces, the industrial park is enlarged to attend the growth of this line and of the perfumery and cosmetics market.
In the 90’s, Wheaton introduces the first machines with electronic command, palletized and thermoshrunk packaging, oxy-gas combustion melting furnace and computerized monitoring, and colored glass by the color feeder system, as well as formalizing the quality programs. At the end of the decade, the administrative unit in São Paulo is transferred to the manufacturing park in São Bernardo do Campo.