Wheaton Brasil Group adopted a strategy to control its processes, rather than to control its emissions, creating in this manner a cleaner production process. Therefore, it invested in the modification of its processes and equipment, such as:
- change of the architecture of its kilns, thereby making them more energy-efficient;
- implantation of low NOx burners;
- moving to natural gas fuel;
- automation of the entire kiln operational control system;
- and dampening of raw materials prior to placement in the kiln.